Sunday, September 6, 2009

Happy 2nd Birthday Harrison!

Harrison at the park on his birthday

Saturday, the 5th, was Harrison's 2nd birthday.  I can't believe he's already 2.  Time goes by so quickly!  I'm so glad that I'm able to be home now with all the boys so that I can soak up their childhoods before they are gone.

Around noon on Saturday, Harrison's Nana (my mom) and Papa Jim (her husband) came over from their camping spot in Branson to spend the afternoon with us.  We loaded up our bikes and the trailer and headed to Nathaniel Greene/Close Memorial Park, which isn't far from our house.  It's a great park that has paved paths for walking or riding, a small playground and several beautiful gardens to explore.  There is a small lake with ducks to feed as well as a small creek that the boys love to "skip" rocks in.  We spent about three hours riding and playing before we headed home.  I took the camera, hoping to get some good pictures of the boys.  They weren't extremely cooperative.

Park Pictures

On Sunday, we had Nana and Papa Jim along with Aunt Katie (my sister) and AnnaJo (my niece), Papa Rod (my dad) and Uncle Terry (my younger brother).  We had a birthday lunch Sunday afternoon before we had birthday cake and opened presents.

I made his train cake and we blew up a few balloons for the kids to play with.   He loved his gifts which were a new scooter, a car hauler with cars to haul, a couple new shirts, his first "Build A Bear" monkey, and a bike trailer to ride in.  He had a great day with all his family here to spoil him and his favorite girl, "Jo", to play with.

Party Pics

No comments:

Post a Comment