Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Tuesday at the Widhalm's

Today we started our new homeschool co-op.  What a busy, busy day!  First of all, we are not used to getting up early anymore to be anywhere.  So, being across town by 8:30 a.m. was quite a challenge!  We made it, though.

Carter and Jackson both had a 3 hour class this morning where they were introduced to new topics that we will being memorizing.  Subjects include history, geography, science, math, grammar, latin, and fine arts.  While they were in class, I was teaching a class of about 10 kids ages 2-10.   We had lunch with the whole group and the kids had time to play before heading into the afternoon class with me.  Again, I was teaching this afternoon and my own kiddos joined me.  By 3:00 p.m. we were all pooped and headed out for Happy Hour at Sonic!

I think the co-op will be a good addition to our schedule, especially for Jackson.  He doesn't complain about homeschooling, but I know he misses his friends at The Summit.  He's asked a few times about going back there.  My heart is struggling, knowing that he is lonely at times, and trying to figure out what really is best for him.  He's never been in public school before and we are not in a district I would have chosen for him if I thought public school would have been an option.  We'll see what the next few months bring.  I'm hoping that participating in more activities will help him along.  Next week, we also start our PE class at Evangel two mornings a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment