Friday, July 10, 2009

Food & Fun Friday

Most of the blogs I've been reading regarding grocery shopping do their planning and shopping on Mondays at the beginning of the week. That doesn't work so well for me. I want a stocked fridge for the weekend, which is when I like to cook for friends or just have special meals for us. Monday is the beginning of our homeschool week and I want to be disciplined enough to get right to the school schedule without worrying about the menu or groceries. So, I've designated Friday as our menu planning and shopping day. I'm calling it 'Food & Fun Friday' because I hope to be able to shop in the morning and do something fun with the kids in the afternoon. We'll see how it goes.

Today we are not going to worry about the fun activity because we've been very busy all week and everyone here just needs a rest. The activities will be more applicable when our homeschool schedule officially begins.

My grocery project over the next two weeks is to use up everything I possibly can from the pantry. We are moving at the end of the month and I don't want to pack and move food if I don't have to.

Here's the meal plan for the next week.

1. B - rice
L - PB& J
D - spaghetti w/zucchini from the garden and garlic bread

2. B - pancakes and eggs
L - beef roast w/carrots and mashed potatoes
D - leftovers

3. B - Oatmeal
L - Baked chicken w/zucchini and rice
D - Ramen noodles

4. B - Malt O Meal
L - Carrots & Apples w/peanut butter
D - Smothered burgers w/mashed potatoes & broccoli

5. B - Eggs & cereal
L - Ramen noodles
D - Salmon & grilled veggies

6. B - Rice
L - Grilled cheese & apples
D - Leftovers

7. B - Oatmeal
L - PB & J
D - Chicken strips and tater tots

Snacks: grapes, bananas, home-made Kool-Aid popsicles

I'm headed out to shop now. I'm hoping to spend less than $50. I'll let you know how it goes.


No comments:

Post a Comment